ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Java Engineer to join an outsourcing company in Cluj, Romania. You will be in charge of implementing web applications using the following technologies: Java 10+, Spring Stack, REST APIs, Graph DB, Kafka, Dialog Flow. You will ensure that the components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
SOME MORE INTERESTING PROJECT FACTS
The project involves the development of a web application used mostly in banking and tourism (mountain resorts), an application of bots that help you detect locations, accommodations, make payments and buy ski passes. The advanced knowledge base uses NLP and API bots from Google and IBM. They do not have their own engine over the 2 APIs.
Our partner’s client is based in Austria. The team consists of 30 Data Scientists from Austria guided by a university professor specialised in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. In Cluj-Napoca are two people involved in the project.
Depends on the seniority level. Collaboration available through CIM/PFA/SRL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Java code;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems;
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Experience with Java 10+, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming;
- Experience with Spring Stack is a must;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration;
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code;
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills;
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Private medical insurance;
- Gym membership;
- Trainings, certifications and subscriptions if needed;
- New equipment and new office;
- Parking lots.