Together with our partner, we are looking for a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER for a fast-growing consulting and product development company founded by executives and technologists who have led digital transformations at The Washington Post, Marriott International, PBS, Forbes, Vox, the Daily Telegraph of London, WGBH, and ABC/Disney and National Geographic.
Their current clients range from start-ups to some of the most iconic brands in media. Their work has helped these clients win multiple awards, including Webby Awards and an award from Amazon for “Best Alexa Skill of 2018.”
We are now looking for a talented Node.js/Full Stack Engineer to join their team in Cluj-Napoca and build the next generation of digital products for scientists, educators, and storytellers around the world.
Their office is based in Cluj-Napoca and fully remote working is possible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Their work with National Geographic is varied and spans across multiple product teams which are aligned with business units. Each team owns a portfolio of products that serves a particular domain or audience. The technology stack is Typescript/ React for applications and Python/ Node.js for core APIs, with elements of Gatsby, Next.js, Cloudinary and Sanity.io, as well as Django in some of their older products. Operationally they make extensive use of containers, AWS, Gitlab and Datadog.
You will join one of their product teams as an active contributor according to your skills and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work together with your technical lead and team to discover, plan and execute various initiatives that are meant to empower explorers and educators across the world;
- Take ownership of certain projects or components and coordinate their design and development;
- Write good, testable software and good documentation;
- Work closely with your team’s product manager to contribute to the way we think about products, our quality and development practices and our architectural solutions;
- Promote our values and help build our presence as a growing company in Cluj.
- The ideal candidate would be a skilled software product and engineering professional who likes being empowered to make an impact, takes pride building and leading highly performant teams and seeing their team’s ideas come to life. You would have the experience to build trust, be a good communicator and have a real interest in helping others succeed;
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer;
- Ability to operate as a full stack engineer or a desire to become one. By full stack we mean you should be capable of defining, storing and manipulating data structures, implementing algorithms, building API’s and robust web user interfaces;
- Experience with infrastructure operations is a plus;
- Very good knowledge of software development practices, continuous integration, testing and security;
- Experience building and deploying products using Docker in AWS or Kubernetes;
- Comfortable and productive working in agile teams;
- Solid understanding of software design principles;
Strong communication skills - you will need to be able to reach people with various technical backgrounds;
- Very good personal discipline and time management skills;
Strong work ethic.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Remote work;
- Medical insurance;
- Home office incentive;
- Flexible extra benefits package;
- Unlimited access to the Pluralsight platform and dedicated 2h/week learning time of a subject of your choosing;
- Yearly performance bonus;
- Recommendation bonuses;
- Time off: You will start with 24 PTO days/year, but every new year with them will bring you one extra day until you reach the 29 PTO day limit;
- Birthday off.